CLOTHING PREPARATION - The better they look, the better they sell!
1) Check for stains, broken zippers, torn hemlines, missing buttons, etc.
We will be double checking at the store and will not receive any item that is not in excellent condition.
2) Wash and iron your clothes!
3) USE PLASTIC HANGERS ONLY!
Please, no wire hangers; we will kindly ask you to switch to plastic hangers if items are brought to Drop-Off on wire hangers! This makes shopping more pleasant for everyone. Clothes tend to fall off wire hangers and may be overlooked and not purchased if on the floor.
Note: Use children's plastic hangers for sizes 10 and below. Use larger plastic hangers for sizes 12 and above. You may also use wire COATED hangers as long as they are 'size appropriate'. Plastic hangers can be purchased at discount stores like Walmart, Target and dollar stores. Some retail clothing stores will gladly give you plastic hangers upon your request!
***When hanging your clothing items, make sure the hanger is facing to the left so it looks like a question mark - ?***
4) Group items together so that they will equal a value of at least $3.00.
Infant sleeping gowns or onesies and children's pajamas are great to group together as a set of 2 or 3. They may be pinned together on one hanger.
5) Use larger safety pins to attach all pants to a hanger, ironed flat front.
Pants that are folded over on a hanger tend to end up on the floor.
6) All sets and accessories need to be pinned securely together, with pants hung on the back of the shirt; pin the waist of the pants to the shoulders of the shirt. Both pieces need to be seen without unpinning them. If a shirt/pant set are on separate hangers, rubber band the hangers together.
7) When you are preparing and sorting your clothing items, sort them by gender and size. This will make your online entry process more organized AND will help streamline Consignor Drop Off.
8) When tagging your clothing items, the string tag needs to be pinned on the LEFT shoulder (or right side when looking at the garment). You can loop the string tag through a belt loop on pants, jeans or shorts in order to save a safety pin!
Please only bring your LIKE-NEW shoes (magic eraser is perfect for cleaning up scuffed chucks!!)! We will be accepting like-new spring and summer shoes. Shoes are difficult to tag, so please follow these guidelines to be sure shoes remain together: 1) Write your consignor number and price on masking tape, placing on bottom of both shoes. 2) Safety pin the price tag to a shoe lace or through the shoe eyelet. 3) Either zip tie shoes or place inside a Ziploc bag.
It is best to package a bedding set together in its original clear plastic bag with zipper. If you no longer have the original bag, you can purchase Extra Large Ziploc plastic bags at discount stores. Seal the bag with clear packing tape and pin the string tag to the bag. It also helps to write your consignor number and price on the Ziploc bag with a Sharpie in the case that the tag comes off during the sale. Shoppers also like to see a picture of the set (if one is available) or a list of all the items included in the set. Tape these items inside the Ziploc bag.
Hang and pin blankets over hangers so that shoppers can see them. If they are small receiving blankets, group 2 or 3 together in a Ziploc bag and seal with clear plastic tape. Safety pin the tag to the Ziploc bag. It helps to write your consignor number and price on the Ziploc bag with a Sharpie in the case that the string tag comes off during the sale.
Bottles, bibs, rattles, socks, bows, etc group together appropriately in Ziploc bags. Seal with clear packing tape. Pin tag to Ziploc bag. It helps to write your consignor number and price on the Ziploc bag with a Sharpie in the case that the string tag comes off during the sale.
Your car seat must have been manufactured within the past five years. It must not be subject to recall or have been in an accident. You may check the following website for current recalls: www.carseat.org/Recalls/179NP.pdf All seat covers and straps must be thoroughly cleaned. You will be asked to sign a car seat waiver stating your car seat has all the pieces and is in excellent condition and not more than five years old. Car seats will be closely inspected for safety reasons.
The Furniture Nook has been very popular! We will only be carrying CHILDREN'S FURNITURE (beds, dressers, chests, chairs, tables, bookcases, children's decor.) Due to recent government restrictions on Drop-down cribs, we will no longer accept these. Please call or email me at (520) 276-9874 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We care about the safety of children first and foremost. Please check whether your items are on the recalled list at the Consumer Product Safety Commission website. We will also have the latest recalled information available at our sale location for you to refer to.
- Boy's sizes 0-18, girl's sizes 0-16 and junior sizes 1-13 in teen styles. All must be no more than 1-2 years old, clean and odor-free. - Infant clothing - priced competitively - its abundant! Shoes in excellent condition - Baby furniture and equipment - Nursery accessories - High quality toys, books and video games - Sports accessories - Maternity clothing - Bookshelves, twin beds, bunkbeds, tables, dressers,desks, from your child's room. - Pre-approved household furniture. email email@example.com for approval.
Recalled Items. - Out-of-date clothing - It will not sell. - Any item that is stained, torn or overly worn. - Items with missing buttons, broken zippers or lost parts. - Battery operated toys without batteries. - Baby equipment that is not clean or has been recalled. - Bags of loose toys unless theme oriented (i.e. bags of all army toys, all McDonald toys, Barbie toys all cars and trucks, etc.) - VHS movies If you have any questions we'll be happy to help! Contact Justine at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions well be happy to help! Contact Alisa Bentle at email@example.com.